If you love outdoor sports then polarized glasses are for you. Especially in places like here, in Vail Colorado where you want to perform your best whether on the snow, on the water, or while running, biking, golfing and driving, polarized sunglasses are a necessity.
Benefits of Polarized Sunglasses
We all want to be outside, and whether winter or summer, polarized sunglasses help us perform at our best on any adventure.
How Polarized Lenses Work
A polarized lens is more than just a color-tinted lens. It is a specially coated lens that reduces glare seen on horizontal surfaces, like roads and water and snow.
Polarized lenses filter light that comes in from different angles and allow you view objects clearly. It also increases depth perception, reduces distortion, enhances color. Polarization offers advantages for many outdoor activities including driving, extreme sports, kayaking, rafting, paddle boarding, and fishing.
A classic application of polarized sunglasses in Colorado, is for skiing. Light from the sun is unpolarized, but when it is reflected from the snow’s surface at a glancing angle, it becomes highly polarized. When you’re on a snow field, most of the bright light that shines in your eyes is light reflected from the snow, and when the sun is low in the sky, is highly polarized. Wearing polarized sunglasses will help to cut this glare, making it easier to see.
This reflect iced glare creates visual discomfort and is hard to see through. The more reflective your environment is (IE. snow, water, metal from cars) the more intensive the glare will be.
Polarized lenses contain a laminated filter that allows only vertically oriented light to pass through. This blocks the horizontally oriented light so that glare is almost eliminated.
Polarized lenses substantially reduce glare, enhance color, clarity and contrast while reducing eye strain. Polarization is ideal for people who are sensitive to glare.
Why are Dark Lenses Best
Polarized lenses are available in a variety of colors. Darker colors provide higher levels of polarization, which enhances clarity, color, contrast while reducing glare and eye strain.
Blocks UV Ray
UV Rays are all around us, every day, even on cloudy day. Reduce damage to your eyes due to both short term and long term UV exposure. Short-term exposure can lead to temporary sun-blindness, such as when you are skiing all day. Long-term exposure is linked to cataracts, age-related macular degeneration, and skin cancer. The Skin Cancer Foundation, warns that the eyelid region is one of the most susceptible areas on the body to develop skin cancers.
Wearing sunglasses with UV protection protect your eyes from these problems
Never leave polarized sunglasses on the dash under your car’s front window, especially in summer. Prolonged exposure to hot, oven-like temperatures inside a car can degrade the lenses.
Gradient lenses are characterized by a smooth transition from a solid color to a transparent shade of the same color.
Mirrored lenses decrease the physical amount of light rays that reach your eyes so they are great for bright, sunny days,
Dark Polarized Sunglasses for Women
Very affordable wrap around polarized sunglasses that are perfect for skiing, fishing, driving cycling and any sport that you want to excel at.
- Polarized lenses to reduce glare and improve vision.
- 1.0mm thick polarized lenses are comparable to more expensive sports eye wear.
- Scratch-resistant lenses
- Lenses are tested to insure there is no optical distortion that may cause eye strain and headaches
- Virtually indestructible, these sunglasses are extremely flexible so they flex instead of break and will retain their shape.
- Impact resistant TAC lenses protect your eyes
- Ultra lightweight, durable, and comfortable Grilamid frames. Grilamid frames are used in military and medical glasses
- Anti-slip, soft-touch nose and temple pads keep sunglasses from slipping down your nose
- Wrap design provides full coverage and reduces wind in your eyes so they are perfect for driving with the top down or sports like biking, running, boating, fishing, skiing and golfing.
- Produced in Japan
- Available in a variety of lens colors: smoke, brown, and copper and a variety of mirror lens finishes.
- Includes a molded hard case and a microfiber pouch for cleaning and storage.
- 30 day guarantee
Tifosi polarized wrap sunglasses are a sporty with an open lens design that are prescription Rx ready.
- Grilamid TR-90 frames are used in military and medical glasses.
- Extremely durable and flexible, frames will bend and flex not break
- Highly resistant to chemical and UV damage.
- Open Lens frame means it has vented lenses to improve air circulation and prevent fogging. So they are perfect for biking, running or skiing.
- Lightweight sunglasses
- Plastic frame
- Plastic, polycarbonate lens
- 100% UV protection coating
- Perfect for small to medium faces.
- Adjustable hydrophilic rubber nose piece for a comfortable, no-slip fit.
- Lenses are prescription ready (Rx-able).
- Includes a hard shell zippered case and microfiber cleaning bag
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement xx/xx/xxx mm
Nothing compares to the style and elegance of these Prada Pro polarized sunglasses. These glasses make sure you stand out from the crowd.
- Full rim, composite frames are durable
- Subtle gold-colored metal detailing and the Prada logo accent these glamorous glasses.
- Brown gradient tinted polycarbonate lenses
- Polarized lenses reduce glare
- Lens width: 55 millimeters
- Plastic acetate frames in a Tortoise (Havana) color
- Authentic Prada sunglasses comes with an authenticity card
- Includes a protective case and cloth
- 100% brand new
- Manufacturer’s one-year warranty.
- Classic sunglasses that never go out of style
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement 55/17/140 mm
Collection of sunglasses and optical frames inspired by English-woven gabardine, the fabric of the Burberry trench coat
- Featuring the best-selling female shape sunglasses, these are a classic, that look great on just about every face.
- Full rim, square style design for full coverage that is not overpowering
- Premium cellulose acetate frame
- Black/Grey gradient polarized lens
- Black frame with Burberry tartan design on the arms
- Authentic, brand new Burberry sunglasses
- 100% UV protection to keep your peepers safe
- Scratch resistant
- Impact resistant
- Made in Italy
- Includes a protective case.
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement 58/17/135 mm
- Provides 100% UV protection.
- Enjoy this sophisticated luxury eyewear with the classic styling of Burberry
These super stylish frames are hip, cool and AFFORDABLE with cutting edge polarized lens technology and UV protection. It’s the whole package
- TAC Polarized lenses are made of Tri Acetate Cellulose that offers offer superior visual and polarization clarity
- Provides 100% protection against harmful UVA, UVB & UVC rays,
- Reducing glare well when you’re driving, traveling, on the water or while skiing
- Trendy oversize frame is endowed with simple and classic style for a fashion forward look.
- Plastic, durable polycarbonate frame has elegant metal accents that feature high quality rhinestones,
- Lightweight and comfortable fit
- Lifetime breakage warranty on frame & Lens
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement 62/17/130 mm
- Impact Resistant meets FDA lens impact test, very durable to use
- Includes glasses case, soft cleaning cloth and a Polarized testing card
- Available in a variety of colors and Brown or Gray lens shades.
These sleek, athletic polarized sunglasses are perfect for the adventurous lifestyle. Ideal for motorcycling, biking, driving, running, fishing, racing, skiing, climbing, hiking or any other outdoor activity where you need to be your best.
- TAC Polarized lenses are made of Tri Acetate Cellulose that offers offer superior visual and polarization clarity
- TAC lens includes 7 layers.
- 1st layer is polarization layer.
- 2nd and 3rd layers are bonding layers for durability.
- 4th and 5th layers are UV protection layers.
- 6th and 7th layers are shatterproof layers.
- Polycarbonate lens and frames are impact and scratch resistant
- UV400 protective coating, blocks 100% harmful UVA & UVB Rays.
- Stops glare and restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes.
- Super light, stylish sunglasses
- Rimless frame design enables clear lower vision field.
- Lifetime breakage warranty on frames and lenses
- Very affordable sports sunglasses with a price tag around $20
- Suitable for men and women
- Multiple lenses colors are available
- Includes a soft Microfiber Pouch, cleaning cloth
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement 40 /12-30/140 mm
The Tifosi Alpe polarized sunglasses are perfect for women interested in high performance sports like cycling and running.
- Grilamid TR-90 Nylon frame
- Lightweight and virtually shatterproof.
- Polycarbonate lenses are 20 times more impact-resistant than glass but only weigh one-third the weight.
- Polycarbonate, polarized lens are very durable
- Hydrophilic rubber nose piece and temple ends become gripier when wet for less slippage
- These sunglasses fit small faces best.
- Includes a protective case and cleaning cloth
- 100% UV protection coating protects your eyes
- Lenses are prescription ready
- Optically decentered lenses eliminate distortion and prevent magnification.
- Wraparound sunglasses with shatter-proof lenses featuring Tifosi logo at arm and lens
- Colors: available in Black and Tortoise
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement 62 /12/120 mm
Ray-Ban Erika polarized sunglasses are the perfect accessory to complete your outdoor look. The oversize round lens shape looks stylish, provides a lot of coverage and 100% UV protection.
- Frame features thin, metal arms with matching color rubber tips
- These full rim frames offer a cool, rubberized, matching matte color material around the lenses.
- Polycarbonate lenses are available in polarized Brown Gradient or a polarized Grey Gradient
- The nylon Erika frame is available in Tortoise of Black
- Arm ends are made of rubber, so they do not hurt behind your ears for all day comfort.
- The soft bridge with unique keyhole design adds interest to the look frame
- Ray Ban polarized lenses have a small letter P after the Ray Ban logo on the lens so you know its polarized.
- Integrated UV protection blocks more than 99% of the reflected lights and the polarized lenses will reduce glare and eye strain.
- Includes a Ray Ban protective case
- Available in Black and Tortoise
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement 54 /18/145 mm
OK, these are aviator sunglasses and aviators are awesome, they look great on nearly everyone who tries them on. Keep in kind this is not a mirrored aviator
- HD Polarized Iridium® lens coating reduces glare and light transmission for enhanced visual clarity.
- Lenses are a polished Grey Gradient color.
- CS-wire Metal frame has cool acetate stem with a bold color pattern for additional interest and detailing.
- Double nose bridge style
- Plastic lenses are durable
- 100% UV protection coating keeps your eyes safe from harmful sun rays
- No-snag nose pads are awesome and keep your hair from getting caught in the frame
- Non-slip stem pads prevent glasses from slipping down your nose
- Three-point fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Impact resistance meet or exceed z80.3 optical and basic impact standards
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement 55 /19/129 mm
- A soft, classic look
- Lightweight frame
- Fixed hinges Lens options:
The least expensive pair of glasses on the list is a really stylish pair of mirrored aviators that has a whopping 78% 4-star rating by more than 600 reviewers.
- These sunglasses have a classic metal frame with a double wire bridge nose
- Composite, UV400 lens offer 100% UV protection and blocks harmful rays.
- Lightweight metal frame has Spring hinges for comfort.
- Polarized Mirror Lenses reduce glare and eye strain while enhancing color, clarity and contrast.
- Lifetime Breakage Warranty & Lifetime Money Back Warranty
- Unisex sunglasses are ideal for both men and women
- Best for standard and larger faces.
- Eye/bridge/temple measurement 60 /18/144 mm
- Available in gold or silver frames with a variety of lens colors to choose from
- Includes cleaning soft cloth and soft fabric sunglasses pouch.
Hope you enjoyed this list of the best dark, polarized sunglasses for women. Do you wear polarized sunglasses and why? What sport do you use polarized sunglasses for? What is your favorite sunglass brand and lens shape? We would love to hear your thoughts, comments and stories.