Welcome to ThinkVail – we hope you find this article about golf grips for seniors helpful.
The Vail Valley in Colorado, is home to lots of full time retirees as well as, second homeowners that love to spend their days at the golf course. If your older, and suffering from arthritis, hand fatigue, weak grip or a further disability, check out these golf grips that promise to make golfing more comfortable, enjoyable and hopefully pain-free.
A soft or super-soft rubber grip absorbs shock, increases comfort and reduces exertion by your hands when gripping the club. Oversize golf grips reduce pain and are recommended for players who have arthritis or experience hand strain because the bigger the grip, the less pressure your hands need to apply.
Keep in mind, that oversize grips may take some of the feel out of the club but the lack of shock on your joints will more than make up for that disadvantage.
Grips come in 4 sizes
- Undersized for small hands,
- Standard for most hands,
- Midsize for larger hands
- Oversize for larger hands or those who would like reduce wrist movement.
Depending on your hand size, a slightly larger grip should help reduce arthritis symptoms during play.
Grips are available in a variety of textures including ribs, cord or nubs, for wetter conditions or if your hands sweat a lot. There are also smooth and simple rubber grips. The texture increases comfort while decreasing the chance that the club will slip from your hands.
The right texture will also encourage a soft, more relaxed grip on the club that reduce tension and strain in your arms, hands and joints.
Some of these grips are sold as kits so you can change grips yourself, if pain makes you unable to change out your own grips, just take them to your local pro shop, golf supply store and they can do it for you.
Best Golf Grips for Seniors
These CP2 golf grips are Golf Pride’s softest grip yet, and are great at absorbing the shock from hitting the ball so your fingers, hands and arms don’t take the impact. This will keep your hands pain free and let you enjoy playing longer.
- CP2 Grips are made of rubber and have a soft, tacky feel
- 2.5” inner core stabilizer is specifically engineered to reduce torque for more control.
- Soft, high-traction surface promises lots of comfort and stability when you swing
- Reduced taper also increase comfort
- Larger outside diameter in lower hand and straighter taper encourages light pressure and an even grip in both hands for a more fluid swing.
- Available in two styles, Pro and Wrap
- Complete kit includes 13 grips, 13 strips of 2 inch double-sided grip tape, 4-oz bottle of grip solvent and rubber vise clamp. Vise is required to install grips.
This is an innovative, ultra-comfortable, ultra-tacky oversize wrap that absorbs 65% more shock than rubber. If your hands are sensitive or sore, you are going to love this grip.
- Polymer grip technology creates a super soft grip that is slip resistant in a weather.
- Hailed by arthritic and hand fatigue sufferers as the reason they can still play golf.
- Winn’s all-time best-selling, longest running arthritic grip
- Soft performance grip prevents the shock of striking the ball from reaching your most affected joints such as arms and shoulders.
- High-Tack surface offers traction and a secure feeling.
- Prevents over-gripping because you don’t have to hold your golf club tightly for control; just relax your arms.
- Perforated spiral wrap.
- Minimal texture.
Get ready to hit balls all day long with no pain with these oversize grips. These JumboMax golf grips will give you more control and confidence. You may never want to go back to a skinny club again.
- Enjoy a stronger, more relaxed grip on the club for longer shots and incredible accuracy.
- Boasts a twist-resistant, high-energy transfer core
- Oversize tapered profile keeps club face square longer.
- High-tack, All-weather Polyurethane surface.
- An ultra-tacky, shock-absorbing outer layer enhances feel and playability in a variety of weather conditions.
- Independent tests by GolfTest USA and Golf Etc. showed that in nearly every category tested, from club head speed, launch angle, side spin, back spin to carry distance, JumboMax Grips beat standard golf grips.
- High vibration dampening
- USGA Conforming.
- 13 traditional wrap grips
- 60-day money back guarantee
These are an affordable, good grip alternative to Golf Pride. They are comfortable with a tacky feel and can help to reduce shock from striking the ball from translating to your fingers, arms and shoulders.
- Rubber grip has the most accurate feedback in golf.
- STP Grip reduces the pressure on the hands and body and has awesome shock absorption.
- Grip outer layer is made of Polyurethane for a great feel.
- Exclusive STP(Soft Tacky Polyurethane) Material is comfortable
- The advanced surface texture is used to improve feedback and stickiness, the“Cross-shaped”texture placed on the back of the grip helps to enhance feel and comfort, the “Dragon scales” texture placed on the thumb area to increase the grip.
- Great surface texture decreases slippage in all weather
- 100% money back guarantee, .
- Available in Standard and Midsize
- 13 Champkey STP Golf Grips, 13 professional golf tapes, knife and rubber vise.
If you’re a golfer looking for comfort and performance in one package, look no further than the SuperStroke Cross Comfort.
- Features an amazingly soft and tacky polyurethane outer layer.
- “X-style” surface texture for non-slip performance and consistent surface texture throughout the grip.
- Constructed with a firm rubber inner layer that provides torsional stability and accurate feedback.
- A tour-inspired profile with minimal taper that helps golfers even hand pressure so they can swing faster and square the club face more naturally
- Includes 13 grips (does not include grip tape or grip solvent)
- Available in a variety of sizes and colors, the Cross Comfort is a great option for players looking for comfort and performance in one package.
Tacki-Mac has been making exceptional grips from over 26 years at their facility in Texas. These arthritic serrated oversize golf grips are a great choice to get you back in the game pain-free.
- Made from the best thermoplastic rubber which gives these grips a tacky feeling.
- The unique serrated design and soft compound gives outstanding control and feel.
- Serrated design is one of the best golf grips for arthritis because it gives you a tight grip.
- The many tiny bumps on the grip creates a rough texture to help maintain your grip without holding on to it too tightly and reduces pressure on your hands while swinging.
- Grip kit includes 13 Tacki-Mac grips, double-sided grip tape, rubber vise clamp and instructions.
Lamkin has been making grips for a LONG time, since 1925 to be specific, and one of the original grip manufacturers. After more than 90 years, it is clear, they really know their stuff.
- These arthritic grips features a “nubbed” texture to reduce hand pressure
- Made from extremely durable synthetic rubber
- The slightly larger size allows players with arthritis, or limited hand and arm strength to comfortably and confidently grip their clubs.
- Reduced grip taper makes clubs easier to grip
- Kit includes 13 grips, 13 strips tape, grip solvent and rubber vise clamp. Vise is required to install grips.
- These grips will allow you to grip the club better and will reduce vibration keeping you pain free.
The Dry-Tac series golf grips is one of the most popular grips ever and it’s easy to see why. It boasts a proprietary polymer that creates the perfect combination of comfort and non-slip performance to enhance your game.
- Made of WinnDry polymer material
- All-weather playability
- Large profile offers the ultimate in comfort,
- Tackiness offers lots of stability and confidence when you swing
- Awesome shock absorption keeps your joints and hands free from pain and vibration, ideal for arthritic and hand fatigue sufferers.
- Moderate texture
- Tapered profile
- Middle of the road between soft and firm
- 13 grips (does not include grip tape or grip solvent)
Hands down one of the best golf grips for arthritis you’ll ever come across. The innovative Air-Cushioned Absorption System has been setting the standard for comfort and control for more than two decades
- Made of a durable rubber polymer
- Air-Cushioned Absorption System (ACAS) creates a soft comfortable grip that cushions your joints when swinging
- The soft supple feel is preferred by golfers in need of arthritic relief.
- Oversize grip lessens that vibration of impact between ball and club.
- Ribbed texture allows the golfer to easily place their hands on the golf grip and ensure consistency when placing your hands.
- Kit contains 13 grips (does not include grip tape or grip solvent)
An affordable, oversize choice for golf grips that will help those with hand fatigue, weak hands, joint pain or arthritis.
- Features a raised full-textured surface with hundreds of small micro nubs.
- Unique texture minimizes excessive grip pressure for a tension-free hold.
- Jumbo sized grips makes it easier to grip clubs
- Kit includes 13 grips, 13 strips of double-sided tape, grip solvent and rubber vise clamp. Vise is required to install grips.
- Very affordable grips
We hoped you liked this list of the Best Golf Grips for Seniors. What is your favorite grip to help enhance your game and/or reduce pain? Do you have any tips for seniors regarding picking golf grips? We would love to hear your thoughts comments and stories regarding golf grips, thank you for reading.