Welcome to ThinkVail – we hope you find this article about the Best RV Accessories for Adventure helpful.
Seeing Colorado by RV is an amazing adventure, you can expect to see majestic mountains, lots of wildlife, experience change-on-a-dime weather and enjoy thrilling outdoor activities around every corner.
But high altitude excursions usually mean less RV park amenities and many times you will be boondocking at a campsite that is off the grid, where water, power and and other essentials are not available.
By being prepared, with the right RV adventure equipment, your trek will be fun and safe even if your miles from anywhere on the top of a mountain.
RV Accessories for Adventure
Adventure is the name of the game in Colorado and whether you are rafting, Jeeping, horseback riding or any one of a million fun activities you don’t want to lose your keys. Keyless Entry Locks means there is one less important thing to lose, as you remember a series of numbers, not carry a key. Brilliant!
- Enjoy the convenience & improved security of Keyless Entry
- The V4 is the Industry’s most secure keyless RV handle
- Integrated 8-digit keypad means you never have to carry a key again, just enter your personalized security code
- Includes: (1) V4 Keyless Handle with Integrated Keypad, (1) Remote Fob, (2) Mechanical Keys and Simple Installation Hardware
- Replaces most RV standard door handles
- Can also replace the handle on most 5th Wheel, Bumper Pull, Traveler Trailer, Campers
- 4-button fob remote has an ergonomic comfort-grip
- Heavy-duty steel core, and weather resistant powder coated exterior finish makes it durable and long lasting.
- The V4 Keyless Handle comes preloaded with batteries and Installs in less than 10 minutes.
- Full 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Many campsites in Colorado are in National Forest, State Parks or BLM areas where power and water are not provided or may not be available. A good solar generator allows you to power key appliances from the power of the sun.
- Green, clean, portable power station, and solar generator
- High capacity generator rechargeable lithium power pack, with AC-Outlet, Carport and USB Outputs.
- Powerful enough to charge smartphones, laptops, Gopros, Drones, CPAPs, Mini-Refrigerators or other small power appliances that operate at less than 200-Watt.
- Generator is lightest in its class at just 6.6 lbs and 5” wide and 8” tall, with an easy-carry handle for easy travel.
- Noise-free without vibration.
- Zero emissions
- Recharge under the sun with solar panels (Sold Separately), 12 volt Carport, USB Outputs or from an AC wall outlet.
- WHAT YOU GET: Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power Station (240Wh Portable Power Supply), 9.5ft / 2.9m AC Adapter, 3.3ft / 1m Car Charger Cable, User guide
- Automatic shut-off safeguards the generator and saves power when needed.
- Battery Type: 67000mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- Safely powers electronic devices by producing a pure sine wave, a clean, stable electricity that does not damage devices like phones, laptops and cameras.
- Available in 167Wh, 240Wh and 518 WH
Enjoy power even if no electricity is available by harnessing the power of the sun, of which Colorado has an ample supply. No matter how remote your adventures, you can still enjoy using essential devices and appliances no matter what.
- Mono-Crystalline solar panels are compatible with most solar generator/portable power station on the market including Jackery generators
- Includes different size of connectors to fit a variety of generator models
- Built-in smart charging technology identifies your device, and maximizes its charging speed while protecting them from over charging and overloading.
- The charging current of USB ports (up to 2.4A max 5V DC per port, 6A max overall) is monitored and automatically adjusted according to the sunlight level.
- Built of high-efficiency solar arrays these panels convert up to 21.5-23.5% of solar power into free energy.
- Made from durable Oxford cloth.
- Solar panel is water resistant and can endure all weather conditions.
- Foldable design, makes these panels convenient to carry it wherever you go. Folded dimensions: 10.6 * 13.8 * 1.8 inches.
- Solar Panels available in 40 watt, 60 watt and 100 watt sizes
Mountain adventures (or southern vacation spots) tend to have a lot of sun and because of the high elevation the sun is very intense. Protect yourself from the strong, harmful rays of the sun with an RV sun screen. Perfect for giving you a little shade while enjoying the beautiful outdoors.
- Made of premium high-density UV-resistant mesh.
- Sunshade blocks UV rays but allows you to enjoy a clear, wide-open view.
- RV awning, blocks about 86% of sun’s light and UV rays
- Provides a cool, roomy shaded area that keeps you comfortably even on crazy hot days.
- Reduces the force of cross-wind.
- Heavy duty but lightweight
- Create an extra room to your RV for dining, napping, wildlife viewing or more
- Easily installed by sliding into the RV awning rail with coming poly-cord.
- Includes 4 sets of plastics stakes, bungee balls and storage bag.
- Available in two sizes: 6′ x 15′ and 8′ x 15′.3″
- Fits most awning brands such as Dometic (A&E), Carefree, Lippert, Fiamma, Solera, etc.
- 3 years limited warranty
- Available in Black, Brown, Blue, Beige.
Nothing is better than kicking back with your favorite glass of wine and drinking to your day’s adventures, whether it be summiting a 14’er, boating a class IV river, landing the biggest trout ever or just enjoying the beautiful scenery. Bring 6 of your favorite bottles of vino with you in this RV wine cooler.
- 6 bottle wine chiller runs on both DC and AC.
- Keeps wine at the desired temperature (between 41F and 68F)
- Compact, practical and absolutely vibration-free
- Easy-to-read control panel shows the preset temperature as well as the actual temperature.
- Electronic thermostat with digital temperature display
- Transparent door lets you easily view bottles
- Magnetic door lock keeps door closed and bottles safe
- 3 removable grid shelves
- Interior light
- Drip tray for the condensation water
- Can store up to 6 bottles lying down (bottle length up to 12.6 inches)
- Dimensions: 16.3″H x 10.2″W x 18.5″ D
- Weight: 16.7 lbs.
With an RV, it’s all about maximizing your space. Use your outdoor over-the-door light to also house your speakers so you can listen to tunes all day and all night. Perfect way to incorporate you music without additional baggage. Convenient App control makes this a breeze to use.
- 45 bright LED lights and dimming capabilities using the app and wireless control from your smartphone or tablet.
- Wide range of RGB colors including an orange bug lighting option means you don’t have to settle for just white lighting
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.0 speakers and built-in power amplifier provide great sound
- Free app also controls the music equalizer and bass from your smartphone
- Easily replaces your existing outdoor RV light (2-wire connection). Since it’s hard wired there are no batteries to replace.
- High quality waterproof speaker and light housing, IPX5 rated
- Stream your favorite music directly to your campsite,!
- Energy efficient LED lighting will last for years
- Includes premium silicone case
- Includes a Timer option so the LED light can be turned on or turned off automatically according to time period setting.
Colorado and many western states are known for their fire danger. When wildfire hazard becomes high, no wood burning fire pits are allowed anywhere in the state. Nothing puts the kibosh on camping more than not being able to have a fire. This is the perfect time for the Outland Propane Portable Fire Pit to step in. With this, you can still have a fire when wood burning fires are banned. They are safer and cleaner than wood burning camp fires.
- Easy, convenient, no-mess campfire. Say goodbye to dirty ash, expensive firewood, and bothersome smoke and enjoy a clean realistic propane campfire.
- The perfect outdoor centerpiece for RV camping trips
- Compact travel size fire pit is lightweight and portable
- Lightweight and sets up in minutes with no tools required.
- All weather fire bowl
- Measures L 19” x W 19” x H 11”
- Total output of 58,000 BTU/HR.
- CSA approved fire pit is safe to use during most campfire bans but always check with the current fire restrictions in your area.
- Spark free propane campfire helps protect campgrounds and forested areas with a safer, easy-to-use fire option.
- Complete kit includes cover & carry kit, pre-attached 10-Ft hose, fully adjustable regulator with chrome valve knob for varying flame height, and 4.4-Lb natural lava rock set designed to enhance flickering effect.
- You will need a 5 gallon propane tank. Propane tank cover sold separately.
- CSA approved Natural Gas Conversion Kit is also available
- Durable high quality steel construction with protective enamel finish
- High quality stainless steel burner and fasteners.
- Steel construction with protective powder coating & enamel finish
- 1 year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty
Ok let’s be clear, a good night’s sleep, where you wake up refreshed with no aches and pains is key to any good adventure. You cannot take on the day, if your body is stiff and sore and your mind is foggy. A good night’s sleep makes for the best vacation, so with that in mind, invest in a great mattress especially in your RV.
- A recreational vehicle RV-sized Queen memory foam mattress is a convenient 10-Inch Bed in a Box.
- Medium-firm memory foam is produced in a state-of-the-art sealed, pressurized chamber that uses pressure rather than chemicals to control the physical properties of the foam.
- Memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria and dust mites.
- CertiPUR certified
- Thick, deluxe layer of 2.5-inch Air Infused Foam on top of an extra thick High Density Firm Support Base.
- Breathable, plush & superior construction
- Knit cover allows air to freely flow in and around the mattress
- Includes a free memory foam pillow.
- Use with or without a boxspring
- 20 Year Warranty
Driving in the mountains is always challenging, add steep cliffs, tight switchbacks, towering pine trees, snow storms, rain storms and wildlife and things can get real crazy, real quick. A backup camera can make backing up even oversized RV’s so much easier and safer. Once you start using it, you are going to wonder how you ever drove without it!
- 1080P Technology means a crisp, clear image when you need it.
- 2 Million Pixel Camera: 100% Not Wash Out / SHARP CCD
- With 18 infrared lights, sensor & night vision. You will be able to see clearly and easily even in complete darkness.
- 7 inch LCD screen is the perfect size for your road trip.
- Waterproof camera, will work in all weather conditions and temps from -4°F – 176°F.
- Auto Dimming feature automatically dims the display brightness based on the outdoor ambient light. This means a super bright display in the daytime and a dimmer display at night.
- Guideline correctly measures the rear distance from objects, when reversing.
- 149° super wide-angle of camera makes it easy to judge distance, way better than mirrors.
- Voltage Ranges from 9-36V DC Power To Accommodate a variety of large vehicles.
- 36 Month Replacement Warranty and Lifetime Support
- Available in Black and Grey
Once you have reached your favorite backcountry get-away you want to enjoy it. The Tire Table allows you to set up a picnic table (or work bench) no matter the terrain. Enjoy a table with a view anywhere.
- Easy to install, no tools or hitch required; mounts to vehicle tire.
- Completely stable regardless of ground conditions
- includes retractable leg for additional support
- Powder coated finish is very durable and easily holds up to 50 lbs.
- Collapsible, compact and easily portable and takes up minimal space.
- Weighs under 13 lbs
- Measures 29″ L x 23″ w x 1.5″ thick
- Table can be used on all 4 tires, including an exposed rear spare tire.
We hoped you found this post about the Best RV Accessories for Adventure helpful. What is your favorite RV accessory? The one you just can’t live without that makes life on the road so much easier and better. Please let us know we’d love to hear about it an any other thoughts or comments you may have. Thanks for reading.