No matter where you play golf, eventually you will be playing a round in foul weather. If you live here, in Vail, Colorado every day, all summer long, like clockwork, you can expect a rain shower between 2-5pm. But storms can hit anytime, anywhere and it’s best to be prepared with the best waterproof golf rain gear to keep you dry, comfortable and happy.
To be prepared on the golf course, you need the following rain gear items. These items should be waterproof, not water resistant, there is a huge difference between the two. Gore-Tex is one of the best waterproof materials and it is also windproof as well. Most importantly, look for items that are comfortable and do not restrict your movements, so it does not interfere with your golf swing.
- Rain Jacket
- Rain Pants
- Waterproof Shoes
- Golf Bag Rain Cover
- Waterproof Hat
- Rain Gloves
See Also: Year’s Best Golf Balls
Best Waterproof Golf Rain Gear
When golfing, you never know what type of weather you will encounter. Having a rain suit; jacket and pants that are made of waterproof material will go a long way in making your day more enjoyable and keeping you out on the links even in bad weather.
Aside from waterproof materials, look for sealed seams and wind blocking properties. Steer away from hoods; water can slip into the hood when you bend over, reduces neck mobility, and visibility. Choose rain gear that keeps out the elements but does not restrict your movements, or more importantly, your golf swing. Also, makes sure whatever you buy is comfortable.
When it comes to rain gear it’s all about versatility, this Zero Restriction Rain Jacket is convertible and allows you wear it as a Vest, Short-Shirt or Long Sleeve jacket and is easily adaptable to changing weather conditions
- 100% Polyester with Gore-Tex membrane means it is completely waterproof. Gortex is the best material for waterproofing out there.
- GORE-TEX fabrics are known for breathable comfort, durable waterproofing, and fantastic windproof protection.
- Rain Jacket offers lots of comfort and full range of motion to swing, due to innovative features like expansion back pleats, expansion elbow pleats and dual motion cuffs.
- Easy to care for: Machine wash
- Zippered side pockets and chest pocket
- Jacket is very packable and will easily fit in most golf bags
- Ultra lightweight, unlined inner layer keep keeps you dry without any extra bulk
This is a great waterproof golf rain jacket that will keep you dry and comfortable while not restricting your movement. Pair this jacket with the FootJoy DryJoy Golf Rain Pants for an impenetrable rain suit that will keep out the weather.
- Constructed with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish to keep you dry when it’s wet.
- 3-layer bonded fabric engineered for maximum stretch in four directions, insures that it doesn’t interfere with your swing
- Lightweight construction reduces bulk, improves mobility, and maximize waterproof protection.
- Full length front-zip closure is completely waterproof
- Long sleeves with adjustable waterproof cuffs keeps the rain out
- Two zippered side pockets and a chest pockets
- Waterproof shell only, not insulated
- Hidden draw cords in the jacket’s pockets allow you to adjust the fit.
- The jacket doesn’t restrict your swing
DryJoys Tour LTS Rain Pants are made with advanced technology-packed materials for 100% waterproof, breathable protection for golfers whether they are battling wind, rain, sleet or snow.
- Made of 92% Polyester, 8% Spandex
- The DWR finish is a durable water repellent that aims to keep you dry in misty or rainy conditions.
- ThermoLite technology insulates air to regulate body temperature
- Side hand pockets for storing small items
- Features an elastic gripper waistband for a secure fit
- Side pockets
- Extra long 5″ Velcro pant bottom allows for convenient length and on-the-fly fit alterations.
The Adidas Climaproof golf rain jacket is ideal for keeping out the elements. With tons of innovative features that makes this jacket a winner on the course.
This golf jacket is built with seam-sealed protection from the rain, wind and snow. Made of smooth twill fabric, it features adjustable hook-and-loop cuffs to help keep the elements out. Back vents provide targeted ventilation throughout your round.
- Made of 100% polyester smooth twill fabric, this jacket looks smart.
- Climaproof woven material provides maximum weather protection and is fully waterproof
- Fully seam-sealed keeps water from getting in and onto your skin
- Long sleeves with Velcro cuffs keeps the wind and rain out
- Lightweight mesh lining with zipper
- The shoulders and elbows are reinforced with stretchable fabric for added comfort and freedom of movement
- Back venting keeps air circulating so you don’t get hot, sweaty and uncomfortable
- Full front waterproof zipper
- The style of this jacket is comfortable balance between loose and snug
Stay dry from inclement weather with the Under Armour Storm Golf Rain Suit that includes BOTH jacket and pants for total protection at a great value.
- Made of 100% Nylon
- UA Storm technology offers 100% waterproof construction with fully taped seams
- Jacket & Pants Included
- This set has a10K/10K Rating which means its perfect to protect against moderate rain and average snow fall.
- Both are made of lightweight and breathable material
- Style is a loose fit for comfort and less constraint. Easy mobility
- Jacket has two side pockets
- Mesh lining for greater breathability
- Jacket has vents at chest & back to keep you comfortable.
- Adjustable Velcro cuffs & hem.
- Pants have an elastic waistband with internal draw cord
- Pants have secure side pockets & back pocket
- 11″ leg zip makes it easy to get on and off over shoes.
This is a very affordable golf rain suit that will keep you protected from rain, mist, and snow but will not break your wallet. Rain suit set includes both jacket and pants.
- 100% polyester material with TPU lamination provides waterproof protection when you need it
- Regular fit rainsuit offers adjustability with added Velcro wrist tabs, an elasticated waist, and zip-up ankles
- This waterproof golf suit is an affordable solution to inclement weather
- Complete set includes both jacket and pants
- Costs less than half of what other brand name rain suits costs
Rain and water can shrink golf gloves and make them so slippery that you can’t hang onto your club, so when the rain starts to fall, it’s time to pull out your golf rain gloves. Good rain gloves actually become stickier, the wetter they get, so there is less chance of losing your grip during an important swing.
The world’s #1 men’s rain golf glove is essential if you’re going to be playing in the rain. Perfect for keeping your grip in slippery situations.
- QuikDry™ II knit material along the back of the fingers, increase breathability, flexibility and lets the gloves dry quickly.
- Removable ball marker is an easy way for golfers to mark their ball’s position.
- FootJoy RainGrip gloves are sold in pairs.
- The angled ComforTab closure keeps the gloves on securely
- The innovative autosuede™ knit palm boasts unmatched grip in wet or humid conditions, conforming to both your hand and club for a secure grip with maximum control.
- Available in Men and Women’s sizes
Aside from a rain suit, rain shoes may be the most important piece of equipment for overcoming inclement weather.
Waterproof golf shoes can make playing in ugly, wet conditions much less unpleasant while giving you a serious advantage over other players wearing regular golf shoes.
Rain shoes can also protect you on a sunny day from water features, ponds, streams and puddles, any challenge that may have you getting your feet wet. Replacing water-damaged shoes sucks. Waterproof rain shoes mean you never have to worry about the elements destroying your golf shoes.
These GO TO waterproof shoes will enhance play in wet, rainy weather
- The Sketcher’s H2GO shield provides the long-lasting waterproof protection.
- Smooth, lightweight, synthetic uppers are waterproof and will keep your feet dry no matter the conditions
- Featuring ULTRA FLIGHT mid sole, a lightweight yet dense and responsive cushioning to keep your feet comfortable
- The GOGA MAX foot bed insures support and high-rebound cushioning
- Replaceable Softspike cleats provide comfort, stability, and traction on all course conditions.
- Molded rubber grip bottom plate and replaceable soft spikes gives you TONS of traction.
- Lace-up shoes with rubber soles and 3/4 inch heel
Golf Rain Hats
A good rain hat will do wonders for keeping you dry and cheery when the weather turns dreary. Choose a rain hat with a brim that covers your head and keeps water out of your face without restricting your movements or becoming a nuisance
Waterproof baseball style caps are good at blocking light wind or rain while a waterproof bucket hat will keep your head dry and keep rain off your neck and shirt collar.
Not all hats are made the same. This stylish, waterproof bucket hat will keep you looking sharp while staying dry!
- 100% polypropylene to keep your head dry
- Made of waterproof and breathable materials with DriPore
- Adjustable headband and chin strap makes sure your hat stays on your head no matter how windy the day
- Adjustable size and fit
- Ideal for men or women
- Completely crushable and packable for easy traveling.
- Features a short, round brim; 1″ internal band; and shock cord tension adjustment.
- Simple, classic design
If you are just not comfortable in anything but a baseball style cap, then up your game to this waterproof Gore-Tex cap that is perfect for keeping you high and dry.
- Made with 100% Polyester Gore-Tex material to keep the rain off your head
- Seams are sealed to keep water from leaking in
- Adjustable hat fits all size heads
- Guaranteed for the life of the cap
- Colors: available in Black and Blue
- Zero Restriction brand was created by golfers, for golfers.
A well constructed, ample umbrella can be a godsend when the rain really starts coming down. Use the umbrella to keep your person dry, your clubs dry and your golf bag dry. Hang a towel from the umbrella ribs to conveniently wipe and dry your hands and clubs on
This is an amazingly innovative umbrella that goes up and goes down with the push of a button and folds up to a small, compact size to be easily stored in your golf bag.
- Made of premium 210T specially coated micro-weave, water repellent fabric to shed water like a boss.
- Designed with an automatically adjusting flex frame of premium fiberglass and steel components so it will not break or turn inside out in strong winds.
- An ergonomic, slip-proof, rubberized grip handle with wrist strap makes this umbrella easy to hold and carry
- Crafted with superior pongee fabric to increase durability and strength.
- Automatic Open/Close functionality makes this a breeze to use. You can quickly open & collapse the canopy with the push of a button, in less than one second!
- Umbrella is foldable to 13 inches and is small enough to slip in a coat pocket, golf bag.
- Has a large diameter of 105 cm to protect you from the rain
- Heavy Duty Steel Shaft Heavy Duty Steel Shaft provides superior rigidity and strength compared to aluminum or fiberglass shafts
- After use, place the umbrella in the included absorbent bag to quickly dry it and not get other items wet
- 1-year guarantee
- Perfect for men or women
Golf Bag Covers
Golf bag covers are so important, they keep your golf clubs dry which keeps them from rusting thus extends their life. Covers can also help keep your golf grips dry, so so when you pull a club, the grip will be dry instead of rain-soaked and slippery.
An innovative way to cover your golf clubs during a rainstorm. Simply drape umbrella over your clubs. Improved engineering makes it easy take clubs out of your bag or put them away, while keeping them dry and protected.
- 100% Nylon material with patented deep canopy design and protective inner liner protects your golf clubs from rain
- The towel underlining of the canopy can be used to wipe your hands and clubs
- Extendable, telescoping club-like shaft can be extended to 54″ inches and collapses to 36″ inches
- Can be easily stored in golf bag side pocket
- Innovative spring top allows the canopy to pivot in any direction to pull your club out of your golf bag
- Classic rubber golf grip on shaft
- Available in a variety of colors
- Canopy is machine washable
- The included sleeve and telescopic shaft means it stays neatly stored in your golf bag until you need it.
It doesn’t matter how waterproof your items are, after a season of use, you will need to add silicone spray to keep your articles waterproof and dry. Wear and tear, ultraviolet rays, dirt, and abrasion all breakdown the waterproofing properties and you need to refresh them. So don’t buy new, unless you have to, just freshen it up with a coat of Silicone
If your rain gear just doesn’t seem to keep the wet off like it use to, rejuvenate it with Silicone spray.
- Ideal for tents, golf shoes, jackets, outdoor gear, hats, patio furniture and golf rain gear
- Keeps water out, while allowing materials to breathe.
- Silicone bonds to leather/fabric to create an extremely tough water barrier.
- Treated material remains odor free after drying.
- Contains silicone
What do you think of this list of the best waterproof golf gear? What is your favorite defense against rain and soggy weather? Do you have any stories about waterproof golf gear? How it saved you or how it failed you? What is your favorite brand name for rain gear? We would love to hear your thoughts, comments and stories.