Welcome to ThinkVail – we hope you find this article about the year’s top-rated paddle boards helpful.
Here in the Vail, Colorado, we love to get in the water, whether it’s rafting, kayaking, fly-fishing or the latest activity, stand-up paddle boarding. Paddle boarding is perfect for those seeking new adventure, tranquility, personal challenge and a deeper connection to nature.
Use this list of top-rated paddle boards and information to make the right choice for your next adventure.
This list focuses on all-around stand-up paddle boards geared for flat water paddling on lakes and calmer sections of rivers. These paddle boards are perfect for touring, fishing, yoga and for beginners and intermediates
See also: Where to Paddle Board in Vail, Colorado.
Types of Paddle Boards
Inflatable paddle boards – Very convenient and popular. Inflatable boards are very portable and can roll up when you are not using them so they don’t take up much space. This is good if you live in a small apartment or condo and if you don’t drive a truck or SUV. Unfortunately, the drawback is that you must inflate or deflate the paddle boards every time you use them, this can get old. But pumping up a paddle board usually only takes about 10 minutes and it’s easy to think of it as a workout to keep you fit. Deflating it on takes a minute as you roll the boat up on itself and put it back into its storage bag. Inflatable boards are easier to travel with as you can take them on a plane and they are not an oversized item. However, keep in mind that inflatables may be prone to punctures, always have a repair kit if you purchase an inflatable paddle board.
Rigid paddle boards – Durable and easy to use. Rigid boards can be very easy, as you pull up to where you want to go paddle boarding, put the board in the water and ta-da, you are all set to go. However, storing a paddle board means you need a big storage area as most paddle boards are between 9 and 12 feet in length. You also need to have a pick up truck where you can throw it in the bed, an SUV or like vehicle where you can strap it to the roof or some type of convertible where it can safely hang out the roof.
See Also: Best Athletic Swimwear
Top Rated Paddle Boards
Hala Rado Inflatable Paddle Board
The Hala Rado is perfectly at home on a big rugged river, a beautiful high mountain lake or in the surf of the ocean. It can take on anything and have fun doing it.
- Inflatable paddle board means easy storage and transport
- 10 ft 10″ length, 35″ width, 6″ thickness means it is a big, durable, stable board.
- Dual-layer drop stitch makes this board very durable and long lasting.
- Full rocker design lets you shred surf or tackle the whitewater.
- Unique swallowtail shape enhances balance and stability.
- Four fixed side fins lets you quickly maneuver through tight spaces, and the center Stompbox fin retracts on contact, so you don’t have to worry about hidden rocks
- Diamond Groove 4mm EVA deck pad offers a cushioned grip and raised stomp pad offers better balance and traction for the rider and the foot index keeps you centered.
- Grab handles makes for easy transportation
- 12 rigging points insures lots of places to attach cargo or dry bags
- This board also offers kayak seat compatibility for boating versatility
- Board weighs 27 lbs
- Fusion construction, carbon infused drop-stitch material with double stack technology.
- Great for yoga, fishing, river running, surfing, tandem riding and can hold the whole family including the dog.
- Holds up to 350 lbs. Great for larger paddlers or overnight expeditions
- 3 year warranty
SereneLife Inflatable Paddle Board
With its inflatable design and non-slip deck offers stability and awesome balance for beginner and experienced paddlers as well as adults and kids. This is a great board no matter your ability.
- 30″ wide design makes the board stable for standing.
- Triple bottom panel fins makes it easier to handle and steer especially by kids and beginners.
- Inflatable means better mobility, portability and easier storage.
- Complete kit so you will have everything you need to start: a safety leash, paddle, manual air pump and convenient storage bag!
- A very affordable board that is high quality.
- 6 inch thick, 10 ft deck and weight capacity of 275 lbs. means it can hold two smaller people or one bigger person.
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- 35 lbs means it is lightweight and should be easy to maneuver when not in the water.
- A good board for SUP Yoga.
Pathfinder Inflatable Kit
- The board is 9′ 9″ long, 30″ wide, 5″ thick with a weight limit of 240 lbs.
- An adjustable aluminum paddle, pump, detachable center fin, a carry bag, and a valve wrench.
- Inflatable – means better mobility and portability and easier storage.
- One fin design
- Includes a bungee for securing on board cargo, and a D-ring to attach the leash or a dry bag.
- Fins secure with a fin clamp so less chance of losing a fin
- Limited one year warranty
- Very affordable price
- Can only hold up to 205 lbs
- The included paddle does not float
- Leash not included
ISLE Pioneer Inflatable 10’6 Paddle Board
This paddle board is the perfect way to unplug from your busy, demanding life and enjoy the peace and solitude of the outdoors. Enjoy this board on oceans, lakes and rivers with your favorite people and furry friends.
- The Board is 10 ft.6 inches long, 31 inches wide and x 6 inches thick.
- Made with AIRTECH® FUSION-LITE Construction
- A complete kit so everything you need to get started: A travel paddle, back pack, a high pressure pump and gauge, leash, fins & repair kit.
- 3 fin design
- This board can accommodate 2 people or a larger person
- Perfect for Yoga
- The board weighs only 21 lbs. That is very lightweight and easier to carry.
- Perfect for flat-water, river runs and small waves.
- 60-day Guarantee and a 2 year warranty.
- Traction pad – Lets your feet grip to the board for better stability
- Center handle and a front nose grip
- Aluminum paddle does not float
- Fin is attached by a small screw that can easily be lost
ISLE Cruiser Rigid Paddle Board
- Rigid construction paddle board makes sure it is always stable for all skill levels.It is made of a dense foam with a wood colored finish and a slick fiberglass bottom.
- The board is 10 ft. long, 31 inches wide, 5 inches thick and can support 235+ lbs.
- Soft Top Deck with built in grip gives you traction and cushioning on the board.
- Includes an adjustable paddle that floats, a center handle and a 9″ center fin
- Only weighs 26 lbs very lightweight for a rigid paddle board.
- Very durable and long-lasting. It is not prone to the leaks and punctures of an inflatable board but it can be dented.
- High quality paddle.
- Outside material can dent or tear, may leave indentation if you strap it down or hit it against a hard surface.
- Leash not included
Atoll 11′ Inflatable Paddle Board
- 11 ft. board, 32″ wide, 6 inches thick and holds up to 350 lbs
- Inflatable paddle board
- Complete kit so you will have everything you need: A dual-action hand pump, a 3-piece paddle, backpack, front & back bungees and a leash.
- Three fin design means it offers good tracking over the water.
- 2 -Year manufacturer’s warranty
- Ultra-light weight. The paddle board only weighs 19 lbs.
- Universal removable fin means fins are interchangeable with most other aftermarket fins.
- Can easily hold two smaller people or one bigger person. (even dogs!)
- EVA foam on the top gives riders good grip and helps to prevent losing their balance.
- Very mobile and storage-friendly since you can deflate and roll up.
- This would be a great board to do yoga on or to fish from.
Tower Inflatable 9’10” Paddle Board
- Inflatable paddle board makes it easy to store or to travel with.
- The board is 9 ft. 10 inches long, 32” wide and 6 inches thick
- Single fin design; Single fin boards are designed for flat water and tracks straighter.
- 6” Thick Military-Grade PVC means it is very durable and tough.
- Non-slip top deck means you won’t sip and it is easier to keep your balance.
- Complete paddle board kit includes 3-PC Fiberglass Paddle, high-pressure pump, deck pad, removable center fin, a grab strap, and a roll-up carrying strap.
- The 32″ inch deck makes it great for yoga, fishing or tandem riding.
- 2 year manufacturers warranty
- The 6 inch thickness means it can handle more weight and will be more rigid
- Good for flat water, whitewater or surf.
- The paddle board weighs 25 pounds
- Includes a strap to carry your board but not a bag or backpack, so transporting will be more difficult.
- No bungees or D-rings to strap your gear down.
Bic Sport Tough Tec Performer Paddle Board
- This is a rigid paddle board so you will need space to store it as it does not fold up like an inflatable board.
- Epoxy and polyurethane over foam paddle board.
- Available in three sizes for different riders weight. Board is 32 inches in width and 4.5 inches in thickness.
- 3 fin design increases speed when paddling and increases tracking on flat water, small waves and surf.
- Embossed premium deck pad offers traction and stability.
- Ergo grip carry handle makes it easier to transport
- Material is durable and not prone to denting.
- 2 year warranty
- Used commercially if paddle board rental shops are using it because it is durable and long-lasting.
- This board is 36 lbs, which makes it heavier than most other boards on this list but the ACE version of this board is only 26 lbs.
- No bungee cords, but it does have attachment points to hold gear.
- Board only, no paddle or other accessories included.
SOLshine 9’6″ Inflatable Paddle Board
- the inflatable design means it’s easy to store and easy to transport.
- 9 ft. 6 inches Long x 36 wide x 6 inches thick. Such a wide deck means it should be easy to do yoga or fish from this paddle board.
- Board weighs 25 lbs.
- Single fin design
- Additional lengths are available for this board for different weight riders.
- Double reinforced sidewalls for extra strength and durability.
- Bungee cord webbing and D-rings for safely storing your gear.
- Unbreakable fin
- Bungee cord webbing and D-rings
- Cushioned handles in the front, middle and back of the board makes transporting the board a breeze.
- 36 inch wide deck and 6″ inch thickness makes it very stable with good maneuverability.
- Telluride, Colorado based company
- 3 year warranty
- Only includes paddle board does not include paddle or additional accessories.
PEAK Inflatable 10’6 Paddle Board Complete Package
- Inflatable paddle board
- 10 ft. 6 inches long x 31 inches wide x 6″ thick
- Weighs 23 lbs.
- A complete kit includes a paddle, back pack, a coil leash, high pressure pump
- Single fin design makes this a good flat water boat and will track well over water.
- 6” Military-grade PVC Construction means it is durable and should not puncture easily.
- Only a 30 day guarantee 1 year warranty.
- 6 point mounted bungee system to stow your gear.
- The diamond groove traction pad helps riders maintain balance.
- Nose and center handle to help with transporting the board
- Perfect for Yoga, fishing, carrying kids or dogs or multiple people.
- Paddle is adjustable
- Fin clips into a fin box so no screws to lose.
- Very affordable paddle board
- More prone to leakage than other boats on the list
See Also: Best Dry Bags
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Hopefully, this list makes it easier to choose the right stand up paddle board for you, however, we do recommend going to stores and checking them out in person and asking additional questions of salespersons to really make sure you get the correct board for your needs.
If you are in the Vail area, Alpine Quest Sports in Edwards and Sun & Ski in Avon, are two stores where you can go and check out paddle boards in person, look them over, touch them and ask lots of questions.
See Also: Best River Shoes
Leave a Comment
Please leave a comment if you see any errors or have any personal experiences with any of these top rated paddle boards? Where do you prefer to paddle board in lakes, rivers or in the ocean? Is your favorite paddle board on this list? If not please let us know your favorite brand so we can share it with the community. Please let us know your thoughts, comments and stories we would love to hear them and thanks for reading.
Related Articles: Best Athletic Swimsuits for Women
As an Amazon Associate, ThinkVail.com earns from qualifying purchases.