Welcome to ThinkVail – we hope you find this article about the year’s top rated ski goggles helpful. This list of top rated ski goggles will help you make the right choice for you and your family.
While skiing and snowboarding in the high country of Vail, Colorado, the conditions constantly change, it can be blue skies and sunshine in the morning and a raging blizzard by lunch. Because the weather changes so rapidly, it is imperative that you have a good pair of ski goggles in order to have a great day on the ski mountain.
See Also: Best Winter Gear
Choose high-quality lenses that will block the high alpine elements, filter the harsh UV rays of the sun, and doesn’t fog up when the temperature drops. Spherical lenses usually cost more, but offer more peripheral viewing and a lot less distortion. It cannot be stress enough, that when the weather turn bad on the ski slopes, it is imperative to be able to see EVERYTHING.
Look for comfortable goggles made with foam padding and an easy to adjust strap.
Vents and anti-fog coating help prevent goggles from fogging up, allowing you to see clearly, even in stormy, blizzard conditions.
Choose the Right Type of Lens
Dark Color Lens (purple, gray, brown) are perfect for bright sunny days as they filter the sun’s rays and act as sunglasses
Lighter Lens (yellow, orange, rose) are perfect for snowy conditions as they allow more light in so you can see better in bad conditions.
UV Protective Lenses protects eyes from UV radiation which can harm your eyes especially at high altitudes like Vail, Colorado.
Polarized Lens reduces the glare from sunlight bouncing off the snow, so it is easier to see.
Mirrored Lens have a coating to reduce glare even more than polarized lenses.
Photochromatic Lenses automatically adjust to changing light so the lenses gets darker when it’s sunnier and lighter when the light outside diminishes.
Interchangeable Lenses means you can manually change out the lenses depending on the light conditions. So you know you will always have the right lenses for the condition.
Video about how to choose the right Goggles
Year’s Best Top-Rated Ski Goggles
Gonex Polarized Ski Goggles
An affordable, good pair of spherical goggles that offers a BIG range of view. It does have a larger profile but that will serve to keep more of your face warm when it is cold outside.
- Polarized Lenses reduces glare off snowy surfaces and increases clarity and visibility
- 100% UV400 protection offers great protection from harmful UV rays. Great for sunny day at high elevations!
- Spherical lenses provide a crystal clear wide view, improves peripheral vision. Spherical has a much better field of vision than flat lenses
- Frame has three layers of memory foam with soft, smooth texture and is very impact resistant. This means the goggles are very comfortable as well as very durable.
- Compatible with most helmets.
- Dual lenses design reduces fogging and condensation
- Great for men, women and youth
- An adjustable, elastic band makes it a breeze to get on and off your helmet.
- Comes with a hard shell case to store the goggles.
- Assorted lenses colors available for different light conditions.
- 30 days return and money back, 1 year warranty.
- Goggles are large and cover a good portion of the face.
- Lenses can scratch very easily, keep in case when not using them
- Lenses are not sold separately.
Smith Optics I/O Goggle
Smith has been innovating the ski industry for over 60 years. They continue to do so with the Quick Release system, which lets you quickly change out a variety of lenses on the fly. If your lenses become scratched or broken you can easily find replaceable lenses. This goggle is for the serious skier or snowboarder.
- Spherical lenses combined with Vaporator technology offers an amazing wide field of view, great comfort, and fog-free optics.
- Anti-fog coating to keep your sight clear with no fogging in cold, wet conditions.
- Medium fit goggle
- Includes TWO performance mirror lenses so you always have a backup.
- Quick Release Lens system holds the lens in place with magnets and an additional easy locking system which means you can change out the lenses on the fly.
- An ultra-wide, back strap and a quick fit strap adjustment system with clip buckle makes it’s a snap to strap on and is compatible with most helmets.
- Includes microfiber bag with replacement lenses sleeve
- Lifetime warranty
Anon M4 Goggles
These goggles have A LOT going for them. Amazing clarity, huge field of vision, easy lens removal for on-the-fly lens changes or to wipe your goggles. The facemask puts it over the edge, keeping your face covered from the elements without all the hassle of a normal face mask constantly falling down
- Featuring a super fast magnetic lens quick change technology.
- SONAR Lens by ZEISS offers excellent visual clarity.
- Innovative Magnetic Facemask Integration. These goggles come with a face mask that attaches to the googles by magnets and protects your face. super cool.
- Microfiber Goggle Bag protects your goggles from scuffs and scratches when not in use.
- Full Perimeter Channel Venting keeps goggles clear of fog
- Wall-to-Wall Vision gives you a WIDE range of vision
- No-Slip Silicone Strap keeps your goggles securely attached to your helmet.
- Come with two lenses, one for sunny conditions and one for cloudy conditions.
Zionor X4 Snow Goggles
Magnets! need I say more? Very easy to change out magnetic lenses and the magnets are very strong and do not release even if you have a hard impact crash. You can buy individual lenses in a variety of colors. These are good-looking goggles that will make your life easier.
- Magnetic Lens Technology – 8 magnets hold the lenses tight and easy to be replaced for different terrains and light conditions when skiing and snowboarding.
- Spherical Lenses offer 180+ degree panoramic view design for super clear vision and increased peripheral sight.
- 100% UV400 protection coating keeps harmful UV rays away from your eyes.
- 1 year warranty
- Dual lenses technology helps keep out condensation
- Designed for both men & women
- Adjustable extra long head strap
- An array of lenses color options
- Does not easily fog
- Lenses can be easily scratched
OutdoorMaster Over Glasses Ski Goggles
These goggles are over-the-glasses designed. If you are looking for a helmet where you can also where your glasses these are the goggles for you. Over the Glasses designed goggles makes it easy to fit a pair of glasses under your goggles.
- 100% UV400 protection shields your eyes from harmful UV rays and bright sunshine.
- Designed for adults and youths
- Dual lenses technology helps decrease condensation in the goggles
- Extra long elastic strap means helmet compatibility with all helmets
- 1 year warranty
- Includes a carrying pouch
- Lenses can be easily scratched, keep them in puch when not in use.
- May not fit over large eyeglasses
AKASO Ski Goggles w/ Magnetic Lenses
These are very affordable, great looking, BIG goggles that offer a wide view and MAGNETIC Interchangeable lenses so you can easily switch out lenses quickly while on the chairlift or the ski hill to react to changing conditions.
- Spherical lenses design offers an amazing, wide field of vision and increases peripheral vision as well.
- Magnetic interchangeable lenses
- 100% UV Protection keeps your eyes safe from harmful UV rays
- Includes a complimentary balaclava ski mask
- Double lenses design reduces fogging and condensation inside goggles
- Over the glasses design will let you wear glasses inside your goggles
- Microfiber pouch also included
- 30-day hassle-free return and lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
- Helmet compatible strap
- You can buy additional lenses on Amazon
- No complaints of fogging
- Lenses can easily scratch
Stage Stunt Photochromic Goggle
Changes automatically from light to dark depending on conditions – YOU Don’t Have To Do A Thing. Talk about easy and a time saver. If you like innovative technology and not messing with changing out lenses while your skiing or snowboarding these are the goggles for you.
- Photochromic Goggle means it automatically adjusts lenses tint to match light conditions.
- Permanent Anti-Fog Coating
- Distortion-free spherical lenses design for awesome clear, wide viewing
- Triple layer foam for comfort and a custom fit.
- Adjustable Strap is compatible with most helmets
- Completely customizable. Go to www.stageideas.com to build your own goggles and choose the size, frame color, strap color, lenses color, everything.
- Includes a microfiber goggle bag
- One lens for all conditions
- Dual lenses technology to reduce fogging and condensation
- Lenses do not go completely clear, the lightest shade is an amber color
Bolle Carve Snow Goggles
Great, affordable, everyday ski goggles, no fuss no muss, with a very timeless look. They are made by Bolle, a trusted name in ski goggles for almost 70 years. A classic matte black frame with a flat lens design.
- The Bolle double Lens thermal barrier is a unique design that creates a thermal barrier between you and the elements.
- An embedded premium anti-fog/anti-scratch layer is included on lenses.
- Vents offer directional airflow across the inside surface of the lenses to reduce condensation
- Dual lenses technology
- An adjustable elastic band is compatible with most helmets
- Designed for both adults and youths
- Comes with a cloth bag for storage
- They will not scratch as easily as mirrored lenses
- Not designed to be worn with glasses
- Only available in vermilion-colored lenses
Hongdak Ski Goggles
Affordable and versatile goggles with a lot of cool bells & whistles all meant to make your day on the ski hill easy and more enjoyable. The panoramic, spherical lens design offers a super-wide, 180-degree viewing area.
- 100% UV protection with enhanced Anti-fogging & Anti-scratch coating
- Detachable lenses system so you can change out the lenses as needed. Also, available in magnetic lenses.
- #1 New Release product in Amazon
- Over the glasses design lets you wear glasses under your goggles
- Adjustable, detachable strap is compatible with most helmets
- Designed for both adults and youths
- 100% money back guarantee
- A soft bag and a hard case is included to keep your goggles safe and scratch-free.
- Lenses can be easily scratched
- Some people reported a strong chemical smell upon opening the package
Leave a Comment
We hope you found this article about the year’s top rated ski goggles helpful. Do you own any of the above goggles? Are your favorite goggles on this list? What has been your personal experience with these brands? We would love to hear your thoughts and comments on ski goggles.
Related Articles: Best Glacier Glasses