Welcome to ThinkVail – we hope you find this article about Vail Fitness Facilities helpful.
Vail, Colorado is home to tons of athletes, outdoor adventurists, and health-minded individuals that love to keep healthy, stay in shape and want to continue doing the activities they love, well into their golden years.
From East Vail to Gypsum, the Vail Valley has some amazing fitness centers that cater to both outdoor-loving locals and elite athletes that push the envelope of their given sport. Whether it’s skiing, golf, tennis, paddle boarding, rock climbing, running, biking, swimming or just plain having fun, these fitness centers will show you how to get stronger, play harder and keep your body pain-free so you can enjoy what you love to do!
Vail Fitness Facilities
Vail Athletic Club
The Vail Athletic Club is an 18,000 square-foot fitness facility located in the Vail Mountain Lodge, in the heart of Vail Village. This incredible fitness center offers tons of fitness activities including Peloton bikes, a full cardio suite, an indoor climbing wall, comprehensive strength equipment, and more than 50 group fitness classes each week. Full-service locker rooms, showers and day use lockers make this an ideal fitness facility for your workouts. Short term memberships and day passes are available.
- Indoor hot tub
- Cold Plunge (men’s locker room)
- Outdoor hot tubs
- Spa Solarium
- Daily group fitness classes
- Steam room
- Locker Rooms with showers
- On-site Vail Integrative Medical Group
- Personal Training for individuals and groups
- Nutrition therapist
- Sport specific training
- Human performance testing
- Functional movement screening
- Metabolic performance testing
- Body composition
- Outdoor fitness
- Guided meditation
- Yoga and Teacher Training
- Cardio conditioning
- Indoor climbing
- Belay certification classes
Functional Training – is a fast-paced, ever-changing, addictive, and adaptable way to train for the specific sport you love. It uses exercises like push-ups, pull-ups, and lunges and challenges balance by using unstable surfaces. Additional challenge is added with the use of plyo boxes, kettlebells, stretch cords, hurdles, plyo ladders, cones, Olympic bars, and more.
Hockey Conditioning Program – Ideal for hockey players of all levels. Trainer Brent Sands is an avid hockey player and knows how to improve your hockey skills and increase your strength off the ice. Designed for power and explosive speed as well as Injury prevention, strength, and balance but customized to each individual’s needs.
Ignite360 – Ignite360 Performance Training challenges you emotionally, mentally, & physically using safe and effective exercises.
Vail Racquet Club
The Vail Racquet Club is a private health club facility that boasts the most comprehensive fitness club in the Vail Valley. Members and resort guests enjoy unlimited free studio classes with membership and or guest stay. This is a wonderful fitness facility with tennis & pickleball courts and outdoor pool. Located at 4695 Vail Racquet Club Drive in East Vail.
- 2,800 square foot fitness center with Cybex equipment & a free-weight room
- 25-meter heated outdoor pool, open year-round with 3 lap lanes
- Two outdoor hot tubs
- Sauna & Steam rooms
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms
- 8 outdoor tennis courts, including three clay courts (open seasonally)
- Pickle Ball Court
- ½ court basketball court/ tennis training wall and ball machine available
- Massage services
- Belly Dancing
- Sports Conditioning
- Masters Swim
- Tennis Lessons
- Cardio Tennis
- Doubles clinics
Aria Athletic Club
Aria Athletic Club is located in the Grand Hyatt in West Vail (formerly Hotel Talisa) and it offers an extensive variety of Vail fitness classes seven days a week. The impressive 50,000-square-foot Aria Athletic Club is the largest fitness facility in the Vail Valley and this beautiful fitness center will take your workouts to the next level.
- Membership and Day Passes available
- Basketball court
- Indoor running track
- Squash and racquetball courts
- Outdoor swimming pool and hot tub
- Private indoor hot tubs for men and women
- Aromatherapy steam rooms
- Includes a wide variety of cardio equipment, weights
- FMS certified personal trainers
- Sports Conditioning
- Ski & Snowboard Conditioning
- Strength Training
- TRX Training
BioSpace Body Composition Analyzer, and Customized workout routine designed to meet your wellness goals.
Minturn Fitness Facilities
Minturn Fitness Center
An 8,500 square-foot fitness center located at Cross Creek Road, at the Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy campus in Minturn, CO, just minutes from Vail. This state-of-the-art facility offers the latest training methods, cutting-edge knowledge, coaching and equipment to Ski & Snowboard Club Vail athletes AND the community-at-large.
- State-of-the-art cardio equipment
- Standard and specialized strength training equipment
- Pneumatic resistance machines
- Free weights and pulley machines
- Olympic lifting areas.
- Performance laboratory to evaluate fitness for individualized training programs.
- Approximately twenty entry level or “Level 100” class offerings per week
- Top-level, veteran NSCA – Certified T personal trainers
- Physical Therapy room offers PT services from Axis Sports Medicine
- Pilates Mat
- Sport-Specific Conditioning
- Circuit training
Avon Fitness Facilities
Avon Rec Center
The Avon Recreation Center is an amazing community fitness center located at 90 Lake Street in Avon, CO. It boasts over 40,000 square-feet of fun! Within its doors lies a variety of activities. Whether you’re looking for a yoga classes, want to swim laps in our five-lane lap pool, or simply relax in the sauna or hot tub, the Avon Rec Center is sure to please.
- Open seven days a week
- Daily rates and member rates available
- Cardio Equipment
- Broad range of classes six days a week.
- State-of-the-art TechnoGym treadmills
- Elliptical trainers
- Precor AMT, Precor upright and recumbent bikes
- Stair Master, Step Mill, Jacobs Ladder and Free Motion incline trainers.
- Iron Grip urethane dumbbells (15-100 lbs.)
- Personal Trainers
- Fitness Assessments
- Body Composition
- USA Competitive Swim Team
- 5-lane Lap Pool
- Lazy River
- Zero-depth entry kids pool
- 140-foot water slide
- Aquaclimb climbing wall
- Diving well
- Hot tub
- Steam room
- Group cycling
- Yoga /Prenatal Yoga
- 5 Rhythms- an unchoreographed dynamic movement practice
- Tai Chi
- Belly Dancing
- Forever Fit: wellness and prevention for active older adults.
- Barre/Baby Barre
- Silver Sneakers
- Winter Conditioning- prepare for a stronger, healthier, and more confident ski season
- Water Aerobics
Athletic Club at the Westin Riverfront Resort
Experience the Athletic Club, a state-of-the-art fitness center located in the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at 126 Riverfront Lane in Avon, CO. This beautiful fitness center offers more than 70 group exercise classes weekly and a year-round outdoor pool and hot tub with exquisite views of Beaver Creek ski mountain.
- All-inclusive memberships or daily drop-ins
- State-of-the-art fitness center with a variety of cardio and weightlifting equipment.
- Exclusive events with our resident athletes; Gold Medalist Mikaela Shiffrin and World Champion Josiah Middaugh.
- State-of-the-art cycling studio with Peloton bikes and Wahoo KICKR
- Certifies personal trainers
- 25-yard saline pool
- 3 infinity hot tubs
- Recreation Path
- The Knockout Workout
CF Vail – Cross Training Fitness of Vail
Located in Avon, CO, on the north side of Highway 6, behind Beaver Divers in the Dowd Business Center. CF Vail is ideal for those trying to enhance cardiovascular and respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility and balance.
- CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that is made up of a mix of aerobic exercise, calisthenics (body weight exercises), and Olympic weightlifting.
- CF Vail relies on muscle confusion that is executed at high intensity with the goal of improving fitness.
- Performance of each class is usually scored and/or ranked to track progress and to help with motivation.
- CrossFit gyms use equipment from many fitness disciplines, including barbells, dumbbells, pull-up bars, jump ropes, kettlebells, medicine balls, plyo boxes, resistance bands, rowing machines, and more.
- They also offer military, fire and police discounts available to qualified participants.
Workout of the Day
Each class follows a familiar format and starts with warm-ups, moves onto mobility/stretching, then onto the “strength segment”, and finally the famous WORKOUT OF THE DAY! The Workout of the Day is “a blitz of exercises that blasts you out of your comfort zone and closer to your fitness goals”
Edwards Fitness Centers
Dogma Athletica has established itself as one of the world’s premier high-altitude training centers. It is located at 137 Main St in the Riverwalk Center of Edwards, CO. It is a full training center that includes an athletic-movement-designed, cutting edge gym.
- Colorado’s largest compu-trainer cycling studio
- Diagnostic and metabolic testing equipment
- Woodway treadmills, including a Super-Mill for gait analyses
- Vail Valley’s top-rated yoga studio.
- Cycling and endurance coaches, and elite private trainers who are the best in their fields
- Bike fits
- Strength and movement assessments
- Metabolic testing
- Nutrition counseling
- Limited membership for small size classes
- Precor elliptical machines, Cyclops stationary bikes
- Weight Room with multi-functional Freemotion Fitness equipment, and a wide range of free weights.
- Power Lift cages, Hammer Strength equipment, Vertimax plyometric trainer and MVP power glide shuttle
- Circuit classes
- Cross training
Live It Series is a weekly signature fitness series offered at Dogma and incorporates a 3-prong regime. The Live it Lean class increases metabolism and targets fat, the Live It Strong class increases strength and endurance and the Live It Loose class focuses on stretching and flexibility. These classes are designed to enhance the whole, your mind, body and spirit!
Homestead Court Club
The Homestead Court Club located at 400 Homestead Drive in Edwards, CO offers tennis, swimming, spinning, ski conditioning and lots of fitness classes. Serving mostly Homestead owners, this is the perfect Homestead community club but it does also serve some residents of the Edwards area.
- Cardiovascular equipment and weight room
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment and free weight stations
- Tennis Clinics
- Certified personal trainers
- Treadmills, stationary bicycles, StairMaster and elliptical machines.
- Recumbent and upright Life Fitness bicycles, and a Cybex Arc Trainer.
- Television screens and XM radio stations.
- Cybex VR2 Circuit and free weights.
- Free Motion Functional Trainers and countless kettlebells, medicine balls, fit balls and balance trainers
- Two indoor courts and six outdoor courts, including 2 “har-tru” courts.
- Racquetball court
- Paddle tennis court
- Professional racquet stringing
- Swimming pool
- Indoor hot tub
- Mat classes
- Strength training
- Tennis lessons and clinics
Fitness Assessments, Body Composition Analysis, Nutritional Analysis, Home Programs, Sports-Specific Training, Weight Loss, Goal Setting, and Cardio Enhancement. Each program is customized to maximize your fitness goals.
Goat Training located at 210 Edwards Village Blvd. in Edwards, CO is led by John Mark Seelig, a member of the US Men’s Rafting Team. Goat focuses on strength conditioning, and cardiovascular work and excelling the athlete.
- Intense and fun group training – with personalized attention.
- Great community atmosphere
- Focuses on strength building
- Personal coaching
- Membership, punch pass and drop in available
- Interval Training
- Introduction to basic barbell movements
Barbell Club offers customized programming, nutrition accountability, and small group training sessions
Eagle Climbing & Fitness Gym
If you are into rock or ice climbing and working out you are going to love this fitness center located at 700 Chambers Avenue in Eagle, CO. This new center has it all, from training areas, 42 feet tall rope climbs and bouldering to fitness and yoga studios.
- 10,500 square foot gym with 8,500 square feet dedicated to climbing
- Premier indoor climbing facility offering top-rope, lead climbing, and bouldering
- Ideal for beginners to professional climbers.
- Bouldering areas
- Main climbing room boasts 32 to 42 foot tall walls, slab to overhanging, two custom cracks, 4 Auto Belays, and lots of top rope and lead climbing from 5.6 – 5.13.
- Custom adjustable climbing walls (15-45 degrees), with a Tension Board and Systems wall
- Complete fitness center and yoga studio
- Peloton bikes, treadmills, rowing and ski erg machines by concept2
- Free weights, bands, TRX, and a dual cable cross machine.
- Locker rooms with towel service
- Wellness studio offers services like Reiki, massage therapy, and physical therapy
- Climbing classes
- Cardio training
- Strength training
- Women’s climbing
- Seniors climbing
- Climbing workshops
Gypsum Fitness Facilities
Mountain Recreation Gypsum Rec Center
The Gypsum Rec Center is an incredible community center located at 52 Lundgren Blvd. in Gypsum, CO. This popular fitness center offers state-of-the-art facility that is perfect for everybody, young, old, athlete, amateur or those just trying to get back into shape.
- Cardio and strength equipment
- Three fitness classrooms
- Indoor track
- 10,000 square-foot aquatics area with 25 yard swimming lanes
- Climbing wall/Bouldering wall
- Hot tub
- Steam room
- Strength-based cardio
- Tai Chi
- HIIT Training
- Senior fitness
- Water aerobics
- Spin classes
- Belay Certification
- Personal training
We hope you find this article about Vail Fitness Facilities helpful. Where is your favorite place to work out in the Vail valley? What is your favorite fitness routine, exercise or activity? Does practicing these fitness classes improve your life or enhance your favorite sport? we would love to hear your thoughts and comments and thanks for reading!