Welcome to ThinkVail -shop for warm Halloween costumes for adults featuring a skeleton mermaid, spider, snuggly devil, sexy skeleton, cozy bat, Jack Skellington, walrus, a family of comical cows and more.
In Vail, Colorado even if the autumn days are sunny and warm, once the sun goes down, the temperature drops, a chilly wind picks up and there is always a chance of snow on Halloween, so finding a warm costume is key!
The chilly mountain autumn weather lends itself to the spooky, scary atmosphere that we love about All Hallow’s Eve but it doesn’t help keep me warm when dressed as a skimpy, sexy devil. My husband never gets cold, me, always cold. So instead, I have started to look for warm costumes that will keep me warm, whether I am handing out candy on the porch, trick or treating with my young goblin or party-hopping into the night with all my monsters in tow.
See Also: Halloween Events in the Vail Valley
Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults
#1 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Skeleton Mermaid Costume
This is a great costume because although it can be warm it is also SEXY. The curve hugging skeleton mermaid tank dress will keep you comfortable as you lure pirates to their doom
- At first glance this costume may not look super warm, but the long dress lends itself to layering with tights and long boots .
- It comes with really cool “arm warmers” that look like fins.
- You could wear a black cape or a black large scarf over this to add additional warmth but it would still look authentic.
- Pair it with a long, jewel-toned wavy wig or hat and it will keep your head warm too.
- Get ready to turn some heads in this really unique costume
#2 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Black Widow Costume
This is such a fun costume, my son loves all things spiders, so this is a winner for our family. This super creative spider costume will keep you warm, while letting you embrace the dark side on Halloween.
- Costume is made from from super soft fleece with an industrial zipper front so you stay warm and won’t have any wardrobe mals.
- Perfect for layering with warm black tights and tall black winter boots and an extra layer of warm socks.
- Long wiggly legs are perfect to embrace your victims and can also allow you to wear warm black fleece gloves to keep your hands warm.
- The fleece costume has a fleece hood to keep your head warm.
- A very cute costume that is still also sexy too.
#3 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Cow Costume
OK this costume practically screams ” I am warm and comfy”. It looks like an adult fuzzy onesie but is also an adorable, silly cow costume.
- Perfect for couples and the whole family. I have seen similar costumes for babies, kids and toddlers, so the whole family could be a Halloween heard of cows.
- One-piece costume features a warm hooded fleece with stretch wrist and ankle cuffs and a stuffed tail.
- Offers an attached hoodie with plush horns, ears, a happy cow face with embroidered eyes and a long front zipper
- Wear the hood up to let everyone see your full cow disguise (horns included) or wear the hood down to mingle with friends and easily eat or drink. Swinging behind is your cow tail, perfect for swatting away unwanted party pests.
- A super cute and super warm costume.
#4 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Walrus Costume
Another really creative onesie costume. A Walrus! The walrus is unique, and a perfect costume for someone who is trying to keep warm this Halloween.
- This eye-catching walrus onesies feature a hood with eyes, smile, and tusks and paws for full effect.
- This is a one-size fits all unisex costume that is perfect for any adult. Costume is made to be loose fitting and will fit anyone at least five feet tall. There is a larger size for adults six feet and taller.
- This Walrus costume covers your hands, your head, your face and even has pockets, while keeping your entire body wrapped in a pair of plush pajamas that you can wear over additional clothing.
See Also: Best Halloween Animatronics to Scare & Delight
#5 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Devilish Devil Onesie
Get ready to raise a little Hades in this cute, comfortable and even sexy costume
- Super comfortable adult onesie pajamas are made using ultra-soft synthetic fleece material that feels incredibly cozy and will keep you warm on cold nights.
- Material is just thick enough to keep you snuggly warm without breaking into an uncomfortable sweat, or if you more warmth add additional layers of clothing underneath.
- Non-footed, full body give you enough room to comfortably move in any direction.
- Lock stitched seams for extra strength prevents tearing.
- Generous seams create a great fit in all areas
- Full length zipper makes this costume easy to get on and take off.
- Toss the one piece pajamas into the washing machine for a hassle-free clean without shrinking or fading.
- Made of non-irritating material
#6 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Halloween Skeleton Bodysuit
This is perfect for when you want a spooky, Day-of-the-Dead kind of look that is super creepy but also because of its second skin nature, really kind of sexy too!
- Bodysuit offers a high neck, long sleeves, full length footless design that will help keep you warm.
- Second skin design offers lots of drama with amazing sharp digitally printed graphics that looks totally realistic.
- Back zipper makes this costume easy to put on and take off
- Polyester and Spandex creates a soft and stretchy material
- Slim Fit morph suit
- Available in a variety of different skeleton looks and holiday designs.
- Pair with detailed skull make-up or mask for totally creepy look
- Unisex costume is suitable for both men and women.
#7 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Donald Trump Piggyback Costume
Love him or hate him, you have to admit this is a pretty funny, pretty creative costume. You are sure to be the life of the party.
- A hilarious ride-on costume for adults
- Layer with additional long underwear on the pants section and wear a long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt, hat, scarf and gloves without ruining the hilarious look
- (actually, a make America great baseball hat could be perfect)
- Unisex, so it’s perfect for men and women
#8 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Jack Skellington Costume
Here is your chance to be the quintessential Halloween character of all Halloween characters, Jack Skellington from A Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Unisex and the perfect costume for adult men and women
- Cuddly, plush, one piece jumpsuit that looks like a pinstripe suit and a creepy skull hood.
- Put the hood up to keep your head warm and makes you look super-spooky, put the hood down to mingle with friends and to easily eat and drink.
- Loose fitting materials allow flexibility of movement, and the layering of additional clothing if needed while maintaining style and comfort.
#9 Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Adults – Women’s Cozy Bat Costume
This cozy Bat costume has TONS of great reviews, everybody loves it. It is so cute and so simple and will still keep you warm on a cold Halloween’s night.
- Costume has a furry oversize hood with bat ears and wings that are attached to the sleeves and body of the dress.
- Full length zipper makes for easy on and easy off, so you could unzip it at a party and still have your ears and wings on, just like a hooded sweatshirt.
- Soft and comfortable, much like an oversize sweatshirt.
- You can pair this with warm tights or a long skirt or even fleece pants. This costume is very versatile, easy and very, very warm.
See Also: Best Warm Halloween Costumes for Kids
Hopefully, these warm Halloween costume suggestions will make your Halloween the best it can be, filled with lots of fun. Get out there and get trick or treating with your kids and make some memories all while being cozy and comfortable!
Please leave a comment and tell us about your favorite Halloween costume or if you have a favorite way to stay warm on Halloween. Thanks for reading!
Related Articles: Best Halloween Animatronics
As an Amazon Associate, ThinkVail.com earns from qualifying purchases.
These are all great ideas! I love them!
We look for warmer costumes here in the northern Midwest as we only have a warm Halloween once in a blue moon. I always hated spending the time and money on a great costume only to have to cover it up with a winter coat. Thank you so much for your great costume ideas!!!
So happy you liked the suggestions. Have a Happy Halloween!
Hi! I keep putting off Halloween shopping so this is the time to do it. Funny enough, I've got the exact opposite problem. I'm going to be in Austin, Texas for Halloween so cold won't be an issue. But I'm a sucker for Jack Skellington so that's a winner for me. You don't think that'll be too warm though?
Thanks for sharing!
I am not sure if this Jack Skellington costume will be too warm for Halloweening in Austin. I have spent so many Halloweens in Colorado that I can't even imagine not being cold while trick or treating. Most people say it is soft, warm and cozy so unless its a cooler night, you might be too warm in this costume.
I have to say that these are not the ordinary costumes you normally see :-) The Donald Trump one is hilarious! Love these costumes, perfect for Halloween.
Hi Rob, I am so glad you liked the Halloween Costume list. Yes the Donald Trump Costume is really fun and a definite conversation starter at a Halloween Party!
With Halloween coming up, I am looking for a costume to wear. These are great! I will have to send this to my Dad, he just adores Halloween and goes all out each and every year. I do have a question though. The Kids Triceratops Dinosaur Costume looks just splendid, but I want to wear it. Does it come in adult sizes?
Hi Alex, Thank you for your comment. Yes the Kids Triceratops Costume is soooooo cute and I would love to wear it too, but it only comes in Kids sizes. I did see some other adult dino costumes on Amazon but none was nearly as cool as this one.
Nice break down of costumes. This really makes sense, we live in northern Colorado and its always cold at Halloween. These are great ideas, I especially liked the Bat costume for me and the Triceratops costume for my grandson. Thanks for the Halloween suggestions.
Hi Janet, so happy I could help keep you and your grandson warm and cozy on Halloween while looking cool and spooky at the same time. Have fun trick or treating!