Welcome to ThinkVail – shop for the year’s top rated ski goggles featuring spherical, flat, polarized, over-the-glasses, magnetic, photochromatic and more.
While skiing and snowboarding in the high country, the conditions constantly change, it can be blue skies and sunshine in the morning and a raging blizzard by lunch. Because the weather changes so rapidly, it is imperative that you have a good pair of ski goggles in order to have a great day on the ski mountain.
See Also: Best Winter Gear
- Choose high-quality lenses that block the high alpine elements, filter the harsh UV rays of the sun, and doesn’t fog up when the temperature drops.
- Spherical lenses usually cost more, but offer more peripheral viewing and a lot less distortion. It cannot be stress enough, that when the weather turn bad on the ski slopes, it is imperative to be able to see EVERYTHING.
- Look for comfortable goggles made with foam padding and an easy to adjust strap.
- Vents and anti-fog coating help prevent goggles from fogging up, allowing you to see clearly, even in stormy, blizzard conditions.
- Magnetic lenses make it VERY easy to change out lenses on the fly.
Choose the Right Type of Lens
Dark Color Lens
Purple, Gray and Brown are perfect for bright sunny days as they filter the sun’s rays and act as sunglasses
Yellow, Orange and Rose are perfect for snowy conditions as they allow more light in so you can see better in bad conditions.
UV Protective Lenses
Protects eyes from UV radiation which can harm your eyes especially at high altitudes like Vail, Colorado.
Reduces the glare from sunlight bouncing off the snow, so it is easier to see.
Have a coating to reduce glare even more than polarized lenses.
Automatically adjust to changing light so the lenses gets darker when it’s sunnier and lighter when the light outside diminishes.
Allows you to manually change out the lenses depending on the light conditions. So you know you will always have the right lenses for the condition.
Year’s Top-Rated Ski Goggles
#1 Top Rated Ski Goggles – Stevie Gee Magnetic
These pro series, Stevie Gee limited edition polarized goggles from OutdoorMasters are easy to use, thanks to their super-quick magnetic lens changing system. The spherical goggle design offers a BIG range of view. It does have a larger profile but that will serve to keep more of your face warm when it is cold outside.
- Polarized lenses reduces glare off snowy surfaces and increases clarity and visibility
- Super HD technology combines the superior clarity of high definition lenses and color contrast enhancement.
- Color-optimization technology dramatically improves colors brightness and contours on the slope in all light conditions.
- Photochromic technology constantly and smoothly recalibrates to ensure an optimal amount of light reaches your eyes, whether you’re in bright sunlight or under cloud cover.
- Spherical lenses have a much better field of vision than flat lenses
- Innovative triple-layered microfiber foam design maximizes venting to ensure a fog-free experience.
- Ultra anti-fog coating boasts an advanced 3x fog-free performance to keep your vision clear in all conditions
- Great for men, women and youths
- An adjustable, elastic band makes it a breeze to get on and off your helmet.
- Created with sustainable materials made of cotton extracts, instead of the traditional PC material.
- Comes with a hard shell case to store the goggles.
- Anti-scratch lenses
- 100% UV 400 protection blocks 99 to 100 percent of UV light
- Use coupon code: ThinkVail for a 15% discount at checkout
#2 Top Rated Ski Goggles – Smith Optics I/O
Smith has been innovating the ski industry for over 60 years. They continue to do so with the Quick Release system, which lets you quickly change out a variety of lenses on the fly. If your lenses become scratched or broken you can easily find replaceable lenses. This goggle is for the serious skier or snowboarder.
- Spherical lenses combined with Vaporator technology offers an amazing wide field of view, great comfort, and fog-free optics.
- Anti-fog coating to keep your sight clear with no fogging in cold, wet conditions.
- Medium fit goggle
- Includes TWO performance mirror lenses so you always have a backup.
- Quick Release Lens system holds the lens in place with magnets and an additional easy locking system which means you can change out the lenses on the fly.
- An ultra-wide, back strap and a quick fit strap adjustment system with clip buckle makes it’s a snap to strap on and is compatible with most helmets.
- Includes microfiber bag with replacement lenses sleeve
- Lifetime warranty
#3 Top Rated Ski Goggles – Anon M4
These goggles have A LOT going for them. Amazing clarity, huge field of vision, easy lens removal for on-the-fly lens changes or to wipe your goggles. The facemask puts it over the edge, keeping your face covered from the elements without all the hassle of a normal face mask constantly falling down
- Featuring a super fast magnetic lens quick change technology.
- SONAR Lens by ZEISS offers excellent visual clarity.
- Innovative Magnetic Facemask Integration. These goggles come with a face mask that attaches to the googles by magnets and protects your face. super cool.
- Microfiber Goggle Bag protects your goggles from scuffs and scratches when not in use.
- Full Perimeter Channel Venting keeps goggles clear of fog
- Wall-to-Wall Vision gives you a WIDE range of vision
- No-Slip Silicone Strap keeps your goggles securely attached to your helmet.
- Come with two lenses, one for sunny conditions and one for cloudy conditions.
#4 Top Rated Ski Goggles – K2 Photophase
K2 is the original American ski and snowboard brand, originally founded in 1962 in Washington State it has been a leader in the industry ever since. The K2 Photophase offers a variety of lens options in a sleek, minimalistic performance-driven frame design that you are sure to love.
- Featuring double layer spherical hard-coated lenses
- Industry leading anti-fog treatment
- 100% UVA/B/C protection
- Grade 1 certified optics
- Tough polycarbonate lenses by ZEISS and Ri-Pel hydrophobic coatings
- Two densities of foam provide both comfort and stability
- UltraPlush 2- layer 11 mm micro fleece fabric help to keep your cheeks warm.
- Grey Biopic (25% VLT) is a S2 Filter Category Lens for medium sunlight and partly cloudy conditions.
- Designed to minimize scratching and smudging, expel residue from water, sweat, and fingerprints, and enhance overall visibility
- Designed for both men & women
- Lens options: Tripic Mirror (mirrored) & Biopic (non-mirrored)
- Triple silicone strap
- Helmet compatible
#5 Top Rated Ski Goggles – OutdoorMaster Over Glasses
These goggles are over-the-glasses designed. If you are looking for a helmet where you can also where your glasses these are the goggles for you. Over the Glasses designed goggles makes it easy to fit a pair of glasses under your goggles.
- 100% UV400 protection shields your eyes from harmful UV rays and bright sunshine.
- Designed for adults and youths
- Dual lenses technology helps decrease condensation in the goggles
- Extra long elastic strap means helmet compatibility with all helmets
- 1 year warranty
- Includes a carrying pouch
- Lenses can be easily scratched, keep them in their pouch when not in use.
- May not fit over large eyeglasses
#6 Top Rated Ski Goggles – Wildhorn Roca
Wildhorn Outfitters is a proud supplier to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team. They have been creating exceptional ski and snowboard products since 2015. Whether it’s helmets, goggles, outerwear or ski accessories you can be sure it’s of the highest quality and built to last.
- Designed with a six rare earth N45 magnet and an integrated clip locking system to allow a quick lens swap for customized and optimal performance in almost any light condition.
- 7 different Aurora lens options in a wide range of colors and tints for all-day use
- Specially designed easy side-clip locking system is designed to hold lenses in place even in the event of a crash.
- 100% UV Protection keeps your eyes safe from harmful UV rays
- Semi-frameless snowboarding goggles is ideal for both men and women
- Junior size available for kids
- Wide view panoramic spherical dual-lens design
- Anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings allows for an undistorted view.
- Durable Thermoplastic Urethane Polymer material with a soft touch anti-slip coating keeps goggles in place.
- Highest grade triple layer foam
- Made from durable, shatterproof ultra-strong poly-carbonate material
- Wildhorn Outfitters is a proud supplier to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team.
#7 Top Rated Ski Goggles – POC Orb
POC was founded in 2005 in Sweden and is a leading manufacturer of helmets, eyewear, body armor, apparel and accessories in snow sports. These goggles have tons of features to make your day on the slopes, the best it can be.
- Innovative Grilamid Orb frame construction offers a maximized field of view .
- Dual compound frame with durable Grilamid and flexible TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) for strength and flexibility.
- Features POC Clarity lenses for distortion-free viewing
- Two different densities of foam and one layer of soft fleece for a comfortable and custom fit.
- Zeiss lenses
- Lenses enhanced with Spektris mirror coatings engineered for three distinct weather conditions: sunny, partly sunny, and overcast
- Simple and quick lens changing system
- Anti-fog treatment
- Anti-scratch treatment
#8 Top Rated Ski Goggles – Bolle Carve
Great, affordable, everyday ski goggles, no fuss no muss, with a very timeless look. They are made by Bolle, a trusted name in ski goggles for almost 70 years. A classic matte black frame with a flat lens design.
- The Bolle double Lens thermal barrier is a unique design that creates a thermal barrier between you and the elements.
- An embedded premium anti-fog/anti-scratch layer is included on lenses.
- Vents offer directional airflow across the inside surface of the lenses to reduce condensation
- Dual lenses technology
- An adjustable elastic band is compatible with most helmets
- Designed for both adults and youths
- Comes with a cloth bag for storage
- They will not scratch as easily as mirrored lenses
- Not designed to be worn with glasses
- Only available in vermilion-colored lenses
#9 Top Rated Ski Goggles – SPY Optic Woot
Affordable and versatile goggles with a lot of cool bells & whistles to make your day on the ski hill more enjoyable. Located in San Diego, SPY has been creating amazing sunglasses and goggles since 1994. Get ready to love these goggles.
- Frame is made from flexible polyurethane
- Triple-layer isotron face foam with moisture-wicking dri-force fleece keeps you comfortable, dry and warm
- Anti-fog scratch resistant Lexan lens increases visibility
- 100% UV protection with enhanced
- Detachable lenses system so you can change out the lenses as needed. Also, available in magnetic lenses.
- Adjustable, detachable silicone-ribbed strap is compatible with most helmets
- Scoop® ventilation system increases air flow and decreases fog-causing sweat and moisture
Leave a Comment
We hope you found this article about the year’s top rated ski goggles helpful. Do you own any of the above goggles? Are your favorite goggles on this list? What has been your personal experience with these brands? We would love to hear your thoughts and comments on ski goggles.