Welcome to ThinkVail -wondering what guys wear to yoga? Shop our list of yoga essentials for men including clothing and accessories like shirts, pants, shorts, gloves, headbands, mats and more.
Yoga clothing is really about comfort, flexibility and support. You don’t need a lot, but what you do need, is essential. Below is a list of the year’s top rated yoga clothes for men. These items are affordable and will enhance your yoga practice and make your workout successful and more enjoyable.
See also: The Year’s Top-Rated Women’s Yoga Clothes
What Guys Wear To Yoga
You will need some sort of breathable, athletic shirt, either a tank top, sleeveless shirt or a t-shirt. Shirts need to be comfortable so you will be confident and lightweight because you will get hot and sweaty.
Yoga Pants & Shorts
Yoga pants should be comfortable and flexible with lots of mobility. For men, shorts will be the coolest and most comfortable as most men run hot and tend to sweat a lot in class but if this is not you we also have some long pants featured as well. Just make sure that whatever you choose wicks sweat, is breathable and that you can move easily in it.
Water Bottle– A water bottle is a necessity, you must stay hydrated and it is a great excuse to take a break for minute and catch your breath.
Yoga Mat – Most studios have mats that you can use for free or rent which makes it very easy and convenient but if you like the idea of having your own, then a yoga mat is definitely on the Essentials List.
Head/ Sweatband – For men with longer hair, you will want something to keep your hair and sweat out of your eyes when doing poses. It is very hard to concentrate on holding Crow if your hair keeps falling in your face.
#1 Muscle Tank Top
This muscle tank top is a very affordable, high-quality shirt that offers lots of mobility and wicks sweat. Perfect for a man’s workout
- This is a great tank at a great price. Made of 90% polyester and 10% spandex this shirt boasts a soft fabric that wicks sweat and dries fast to keep you cool.
- Lots of mobility with 4-way stretch construction for great range of motion.
- Sleeveless design offers free arm movement, the tagless collar ensures nothing scratching your neck.
- Shirt is not see through when wet.
- Hangs a little longer than most shirts
#2 Under Armour V-Neck Short Sleeve Shirt
A great name-brand shirt that usually runs between $25-and $30 and has anti-odor protection, strong wicking action and lots of range of movement and mobility. This shirt will enhance your workout.
- 100% Polyester shirt with UA Tech fabric is quick-drying, ultra-soft & has a natural feel will keep you dry and comfortable.
- Shirt material boasts anti-odor technology that prevents odor and wicks sweat & dries fast
- A looser, fuller cut for complete comfort and full range of motion.
- Comes in a ton of cool colors, pick your favorite
- Under Armour is a trusted name brand that offers high quality apparel.
- Biggest complaint is that this shirt runs larger than most.
#3 Under Armour Short Sleeve T-Shirt
A loose, light, comfortable and fast drying shirt that protects against odor and is made by Under Armour a leader in the field of workout apparel. This is a winner. Made of 100% Polyester UA Tech fabric is quick-drying, ultra-soft and has a nice feel
- Material wicks sweat, dries fast and has anti-odor technology to help prevent odor
- Almost 3,000 people have given this shirt a 5-star review on Amazon.
- The looser, fuller cut will hide the tummy but since there is no compression it will not make it disappear.
#4 Men’s Yoga Tank Top
A great looking tank top that is light, comfortable, offers a lot of movement and costs under $20.00, makes the perfect gift for a friend or keep it for yourself.
- Classic tank top design
- The super-soft lightweight material breathes with you during your workout to keep you cool.
- 50% Cotton – 25% Polyester – 25% Rayon for a more natural feel
- Anti-microbial properties help destroy germs and odor causing bacteria.
- Comes in a variety of great colors.
#5 Yoga Crow Swerve Shorts
These shorts cost more, but as Yoga Crow says “BUY ONCE, BUY RIGHT!” These bad boys will last forever and never need replacing.
- High quality shorts built with strong construction combined with the finest performance fabrics.
- Soft flexible fabrics moves with your body and but retains just enough structure that they won’t bunch around your thighs when you invert or squat.
- Shorts are lined with a non-abrasive non-restrictive boxer brief. This means you don’t have to worry about anyone sees your junk!
- Odor resistant liner helps repel germs that cause bad odor.
- The proprietary nylon & polyester blended fabric provides awesome moisture wicking & 4-way stretch
- 90% of Amazon reviewers gave this product 5 stars!
- Shorts are slimmer so extra fabric does not get in the way of your practice.
#6 prAna Men’s JD Short
prAna has been making exceptional yoga clothing for years, these shorts will not disappoint. Perfect for any type of yoga workout.
- Designed specifically for intense yoga practice
- Made of 89% Recycled Polyester, 11% Spandex for tons of performance and stretch!
- Elastic waistband keeps it comfortable.
- Articulated seams reinforce the quality construction, these shorts will last and do not lose their shape.
- These form fitting shorts mean you don’t have to adjust your apparel like you would with board or basketball shorts.
7 YogaAddict Long Shorts
These long shorts fit perfectly and are snug enough to hold their shape and stretchy enough that you won’t have to constantly adjust. You will be comfortable and confident throughout your yoga practice. Shorts with two side pockets. Pockets, need we say more?
- Material is 94% Cotton, 6% Spandex. Very comfortable but may not wick sweat as well as other material.
- Drawstring and elastic waist for comfort and ease of movement
- This fit and style guarantees that private body parts are not exposed while doing poses.
- The fabric allows you to move and extend. It expands and contracts with you allowing for flexibility during all types of exercise.
#8 YogaAddict Long Pants
Although these pants are too heavy for hot yoga, for most other yoga practices they will offer, comfort and unsurpassed mobility. Super comfortable and will stretch with your every move while looking stylish.
- 2 side pockets with drawstring, open bottom leg and a comfortable thick elastic waistband
- Material is 94% Cotton, 6% Spandex very comfortable but does not wick sweat as well as some other materials.
- A continuous elasticized gusset travels the outer length of each pant leg from the bottom hem up the sides and across the upper buttocks allows for greater mobility during exercise so you don’t have to keep adjusting pants to accommodate certain movements.
- They are so comfortable that once you put them on, you won’t want to take them off.
#9 Men’s Compression Pants
These compression tights will protect your legs from fatigue and to keep them feeling energetic. These tights are perfect for stepping up your yoga game.
- Medium compression yoga pants are tight-fitting and hold muscles firmly in place while improving blood flow to muscles.
- Boosts athletic performance.
- By providing proper compression across all muscle groups, and prevent overexertion, stress and tension across your hips, thighs, shins, calves and other trouble areas.
- Material is a a moisture-wicking blend of 85% nylon and 15% spandex perfect for active yoga workouts
- Form-fitting thermal tights dry quickly to reduce sweat and odors.
10 Bandana Sweatbands
Classic bandana handkerchief design is a very cool way to keep hair and sweat out of your face. A variety of bandana colors and patterns.
- 100% polyester material is stretchable, breathable, sweat wicking and soft.
- Perfect for absorbing sweat or keeping hair out of your eyes
- Can wear it also as head wrap, neck scarf, neck gaiter, bandana or balaclava mask
- 6 headbands to an order- a variety of colors and patterns
- One size fits all – unisex
#11 YogaPaws Yoga Gloves
These gloves are a great way to prevent slipping in difficult balance poses. If you sweat a lot, have a slippery mat or if your yoga floor is cold to the touch, these are ideal to keep your hands warm.
- Sweaty hands or sweat dripping on your mat can make things slippery. Use these yoga gloves to get a grip.
- Use them to keep from slipping on your mat or use them when no mat is available
- Anti-slip gloves are lined with a full layer of rubber and are lightly padded for the minimalist experience.
- Gloves are lined with terry cloth to wick moisture away from sweaty hands, and topped with breathable mesh to keep hands cool and dry.
#12 Extra Long Manduka PRO Yoga Mat
An extra long yoga mat that is ideal for men looking to really stretch their legs. This professional yoga mat is designed by yogis but perfect for anyone. This incredibly cushioning mat offers superior wear and longevity.
- Perfect for practicing asanas at home or at the studio… offers unparalleled comfort and cushioning.
- Extra large 26”W x 85”L yoga mat is great for taller men and women.
- Will never peel, flake or fade
- Ultra-dense cushioning provides the perfect amount of padding for comfort and proper balance.
- Performance grip finish improves over time
- Closed-cell surface ensures the mat is easy to clean
- OEKO-TEX certified
- 6mm of thickness offers ultra dense cushioning
- No-slip surface – slightly tacky surface keeps hands and feet gripping.
- Made with nontoxic + 100% latex free materials
Video about the Yoga Benefits for Men
See Also: Best Overnight Bags for Men
We hope you found this article, What Do Guys Wear to Yoga? helpful. What do you wear to yoga? Is there one thing you must have that makes your yoga practice so much better. Please leave a comment and tell us about your favorite yoga clothes and gear and tell us your personal experience with any of the above brands, we’d love to hear about it.
Related Articles: Fitness Facilities in Vail, Colorado
As an Amazon Associate, ThinkVail.com earns from qualifying purchases.